Who knew?!



Did you know that an entire 3-layer cake will fit down the garbage disposal? and that it only takes hmmm... roughly 3 minutes before it's gone? Well, as I found out tonight...it will! I was doomed from the get-go. One cake broke in half trying to come out of the pan...and as I was frosting it another cake started to completely crack in half!! (Those darn too soft box cake mixes! and the people who do not want to stay up late to let them cool properly!!) I just had to laugh as I was quoting a crazy patient from work..."Oh DEAR! -OH DEAR!" I WASN'T laughing when I had to make a trip to Ralph's to buy more cake mix and Rainbow Chip Frosting at 11:30!! (Jodee's fave!)
It is now midnight and I am waiting patiently (or not) for the new cake to finish baking...and then I'm waiting to frost it until morning!!
Shhh! Don't tell my Mom! She thinks I got ambitious and that I am assembling a 6-layer cake?!!??!?!?!

1 comment:

Braden and Jodee said...

oh Catherine! You should have just left it in a pile. I would have eaten it anyway it looked! Thanks so much for making my bday cake though. I'm sure it's going to be delicious. Can't wait!