Just for fun...

For those of you that don't know me that well, or my family, I/we like to put our own lyrics to songs. (Especially Debi and I...ask her about her Footloose lyrics. Or "Open Arms" by Journey).
Anyway, when I was in the Singles Ward my friend, George, sent me a link to this song some guy had made up about Testimony meeting...to the tune of "My Favorite Things." Well, of course, I immediately set about making up one for a singles ward F&T meeting. I think it's quite good, of course!
"The Singles' Ward Testimony Meeting Song"
by Catherine Christensen 11-11-06
To the tune of "My Favorite Things"
Verse 1: It's the first Sunday & my "favorite" meeting. We get to listen to hearts that are bleeding. Bishop just sat down kids rush for the floor-soon to be followed by about 50 more.
"Without a doubt" & "I HAD to get up here" just some of the quotes that you're most likely to hear. New roommates fighting, then sharing some hugs. Is it just me or are they all on drugs? First they bore us. Then implore us. What more will they say? These are just a few of my favorite things about Testimony Sunday!
Verse 2: Now a girl gives a "shout-out" to her roommate. Another complains about how she's had NO dates! Bishop is sleeping with an hour to go! What will be said next? We never can know! There're always stories about work and school. Some-guy just testified his boss is a fool! The ward mission leader loves pass-along cards. Just 2 more years then I'm leaving these 'tards! Cell phones ringing! When's the singing? Are you bored my friend? Just 40 more minutes 'til hymn and a prayer and then all of this will end!
Verse 3: A guy tells us he saw a rated R movie. Some-guy that's too old tells us his life is 'groovy.' Engaged couples tell us they're leaving the ward. Can't someone testify they love the Lord? The First Counselor tells us his wife had a baby. Another guy wants to serve a mission...maybe? Finally! The announcement: 5 minutes to go. Why does the time seem to go by so slow? "Bingo!" yells George. Brother Rex snores. Is the spirit near? We've reached the ending, let's sing our last song and get the heck out of here!!
Don't get me wrong people...it's not always like this, but seriously? Everything in this song has happened in 1 or more Testimony meetings. It's just a song with all the weirdness wrapped up together. Some of our Testimony Meetings were wonderful and filled with the spirit! And I did love my time in the singles ward...I just love a silly song!
Coming Soon-"It's a Singles Life"...to the tune of "Hard-Knock life" from Annie
& "Super Modest"...to the tune of "Supermodel" by Jill Sobule (?) written for Girls Camp girls in '08.

2 comments:

JOCELYN AND JEREMY said...

i love it C2, you should sing it in church, lol

JOCELYN AND JEREMY said...

Oh by the way hi!! from Jeremy